Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ninety Day Commitment


Hello all!

I've decided to take a page from the book of other programs I've read about. The aim: To create a new, desired habit. The means: Committing to doing something that works towards the end goal or new habit each day for a pre-determined span of time. The clincher is to have a means of being held accountable for achieving this daily goal.

In my case, I'd like to develop discipline, doing something artistic everyday, regardless of reservations and other obligations. To this end, I'm making the commitment to make 90 new drawings (or paintings, or test patches for materials, or whatever) in 90 days, and posting them here, for good or ill. I've taken off several months from creating any new artwork. I'm rusty and out of practice! It's perfect: I want to come back to it with a beginner's mindset, relearn the basics, develop new skills, and hopefully create a new and permanent habit of working everyday.

I'm not sure if it'll be structured, serious study, or goofing around with different media, or what.. but I'm really looking forward to finding out! Goodness knows I have enough instructional manuals and the like!
Wish me luck!!

-Angie B.

0 Comments: